The Tox Box is closed for the season. Check back for our opening date in 2023.
The Tox Box is a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection program for Johnson County residents only. You must schedule an appointment (one per household per week). Drive-ups without an appointment are not permitted.
1051 Hospital Road Franklin, IN 46131
About Hazardous Disposal
- Businesses are not allowed to dispose of their hazardous chemicals at this location.
- When arriving at the Tox Box location, please stay in your vehicle. An initial spot check will be done before you pull into the facility. All materials must stay separate from the persons in the vehicle.
- Once your materials have been screened, you will proceed through the gate and unload your materials onto a table. We can no longer remove the materials from your vehicle.
- Quantities are limited.
- Hazardous material must be properly stored and in labeled containers. Any material in milk jugs, etc. cannot be accepted.
- We have the right to refuse any material not properly stored/labeled or quantities we deem to be excessive.
Aerosol Cans (if empty, please recycle)
Latex Paint/Water-Based Stains
Bulbs, Tubes and Ballast
About Latex Paint Disposal
Latex paint and water-based stains are not accepted at our Tox Box location. Watch our video on how to properly dispose of these items.