Tox Box Household Chemical Disposal - *CLOSED FOR SEASON*
WHAT IS THE TOX BOX?
The Tox Box is a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection program for Johnson County Residents Only.(NO BUSINESSES) It is located on the west side of the Johnson County Highway Dept. at 1051 Hospital Road, Franklin.
- Tox Box by appt. only- one appt. per household,per week.
- Tox Box by appointment for RESIDENTS only (NO BUSINESSES PLEASE), M, W & F (9-3) in 15-minute slots – NO ONE WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT! (only one appt., per household, per week)
- STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE – an initial spot check will be done before you pull in the facility – all materials MUST stay separate from the persons in the vehicle
- QUANTITIES LIMITED TOO: trunk, hatch or PARTIAL truck bed – We have the right to refuse any quantities we deem to be excessive.
- Once your materials have been screened, you will proceed through the gate and unload your materials onto a table. We will no longer remove the materials from your vehicle for you!
**DO NOT leave items unattended at the Tox Box or at the gate. Call the Recycling District for assistance.**
What is accepted?
- Oil-Based Paint/Stains
- Aerosol Cans (if empty, please recycle)
- Automotive Fluids
- Pool Chemicals
- Cleaning Products
What is NOT accepted?
- Latex Paint/Water-Based Stains
- Bulbs, Tubes and Ballast
- Propane Tanks
- Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke Detectors
LATEX PAINT AND WATER-BASED STAINS IS NOT ACCEPTED.
See Video below to learn how to properly dispose of these items.
HOW TO DRY UP YOUR PAINT FOR DISPOSAL
TOX BOX ADDRESS
1051 Hospital Road Franklin, IN 46131
From U.S. 31 in Franklin – Take U.S. 31 south past S.R. 44 (Jefferson Street) to Hospital Road. Turn west (right) on Hospital Road (past Walgreen’s and the Marathon gas station). Take Hospital Road to the stop sign (Johnson County Highway Department will be on your left). The Tox Box will be the first left past the stop sign at the west end of the Highway Department. Proceed to the gate and stop next to the small shed on the left. Someone will be out to assist you.